Friday 26 July 2013

Shop til you drop!

So today..... I did the very stereotypical girly outing on your day off. I took a visit to my local shopping mall to have a bit of retail therapy. Our mall definitely isn't as good as the Manchester Arndale or Westfields in London but there's some nice little shops to have a good nosey in.

I got the bus with my best friend Emma. Although we did go for our bus half an hour earlier than we needed to because I got the wrong time. Whoops! 
   (So nice of the bus driver to think I look like a 13 year old)

Me and Emma on the bus because we take selfies in public!

However, we did go into and buy from quite a few shops. So this Is a little insight into what I bought 

I was I need of some cotton pads so I nipped into superdrug and got these because I got 50 in the pack for a pound which I thought was a fairly good price. I love using these for taking off my makeup and things like that 
 

Secondly, I had a cheeky little look in boots , when I'm with Emma we can quite happily spend an hour swatching lipsticks and eyeshadows etc. onto our hands which by the end of the trip are always very colourful- but today I didn't go too crazy on the makeup front! I bought the batiste dry shampoo in tropical. I love this dry shampoo so much because it really absorbs the oils in your hair well wen you use it. Also, it smells amazing, there is a variety of different scents so there's lots to choose from. Another bonus is that these are always on sale or 3 for 2 so there really cheap to buy aswell. 


Yesterday, I spent some time watching Tati's (Glamlifeguru)'s videos on YouTube . If you haven't watched her videos then you should check her out. She does amazing beauty videos including reviews and tutorials. Additionally, she is so so lovely. In one of her videos (it was called something like 'my top 5 beauty secrets' or something along those lines!) she mentions that if you sleep with your hair up and use a scrunchie in your hair it is less damaging and causes less breakages. Also, scrunchies are super cute if your going for an 80s look! I love these as they are so comfy and they look great too! I picked this one up from Topshop for £4

Also in boots, I had heard from Ingrid (missglamourazzi on YouTube) that there was a great drugstore/highstreet dupe for the Bioderma cleansing water which is about £20-25 a bottle. This was only £3.32 for something that is meant to be a very similar product. Of course this is the L'oreal Paris Skin perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar solution. I have tried this once since I bought it and so far so good, I thought that it felt really gentle on my face. I have a feeling I'm going to like this

Finally, this was definitely my most exciting purchase the YSL touché éclat radiant touch concealer/highlighter. I have been after this for quite a while and I finally decided to splurge the £25 and buy it. Little did I know I was in for a bit of a surprise as in Debenhams they were ha ving an offer where if you spent more than £20 on any beauty products you could get £5 off. So I only had to pay £20 for the touché éclat which made me very happy! I got the shade 1 because I'm so pale but I have tried it and it is the perfect colour for me. I was also very impressed with the colour range because there was one for every skin tone each with an option for pink or yellow toned skin.





No comments:

Post a Comment