Monday 13 July 2015

Book: Lovestruck in London


As some of you may know I am quite a keen reader so I want to incorporate this into my blog in some way so I am going to be telling you about books I have read recently.


'Lizzie Medina went to London to reinvent herself. Tired of being the quiet baby sister, and in no hurry to settle into a boring existence in surburbia, she escapes from home at the first opportunity. When she settles in London for a year of post-graduate studies, Lizzie is sure she’ll be able to start a whole new life. Immerse herself in the books she loves. Explore a new country. Work on her dream of writing a novel. She might even be able to find a little bit of excitement for once.

But falling unexpectedly in love with up-and-coming actor Thomas Harper causes Lizzie to re-think… everything. Just as she’s convinced herself this small-town girl from the Midwest can handle this great adventure, Thomas’s career suddenly explodes to superstar levels, and Lizzie finds herself forced to navigate the fame game of red carpets, catty co-stars, gossip magazines, and paparazzi. When she wished for a new life, she had no idea it would be anything like this!

Lizzie must now determine if her love—and her confidence—are strong enough to get her through the complications of dating a movie star. Even if she and Thomas are able to pull through before she has to leave London, how will she deal with the inevitability of returning to a life at home that no longer feels like her own? Will she follow her family’s wishes or follow her heart? Will the Lizzie she discovered in London be strong enough to help her pursue her dreams?'



One of the books I have been reading is 'Lovestruck in London' by Rachel Schurig. I personally really enjoyed reading this. I loved the relationship between Lizzie and Thomas and how they conquer any obstacles thrown their way - relationship goals! I also liked this because it's an easy read that you don't want to put down. I think I read this in about 3 days which I think is quite good haha. The story is so cute and romantic and we get to see Lizzie's latina side as well as the typical culture because it makes it a little bit different than other books.

I know that there is some more books in this series and I am definitely going to check them out!

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Thanks for reading

Love El | Makeup and other junk

No comments:

Post a Comment